Water is essential for every living being to complete his body functions properly. 2 / 3 part of a human body is made of water. Generally it is said that eight glasses of water are sufficient for proper functioning of every human body. But this rule is not applicable for everybody as the water requirement of every person Depends upon the climate or weather conditions of his area, type of food he is consuming and Lifestyle he is living. For example in summer body needs more water cause of high temperature and high sweating while in winter the water consumption by the body gets lower. If you eat spicy and oily food you need more water to digest it but, if you eat more salads and fruits with less spicy food you will need less amount of water. In the same way if your job profile is of sitting work then you need less water in comparison with those who have a hectic schedule.
Hence, the water needs of every human being can be different. It also depends on your weight. We can calculate the amount of water needed for a particular person by dividing his weight with 10 and subtracting 2 out from it and you will get the right quantity of water you must drink in a day. For example if a person has 60 kgs of weight, then he should take(60/10=6-2=4) ltrs. of water a day. Drink the essential amount of water to rehydrate your body. It will prevent your blood to be thicken and maintain your Blood Circulation process.
Now what is the correct way of drinking water, so it can help you to maintain your health and weight. If you drink right Quantity of water with proper rules of drinking it, then it becomes a very useful medicine to prevent you from many diseases, increases your beauty and reduces the aging effects. You just have to keep the following few things in your mind while drinking a glass of water.
- Never drink water in standing position. Always sit down properly and and then drink water. When you drink water in standing position it causes joint pains and many such diseases.
- Never chug too much water at once with making the sound “gatak gatak”. Always sip the small amount of water. Drink your whole glass by sipping it slowly. If you drink excess of water at once your body will not be able to absorb the required amount of water and most of the water will be thrown out from your body.
- Always drink the lukewarm water. Our organs perform their functions on body temperature which is about 37 degree Celsius. When you drink chilled water, then your stomach needs the blood of same temperature to maintain that body temperature. Then it demands blood from nearby organs such as heart , intestine etc. This process effects the functioning of other body organs and causes many different diseases. So avoid cold and ice water for drinking.
- Take two glasses of water immediately after you wake up in the morning without brushing. Morning saliva has alkaline properties which reduces the gastric and and acidity problems. This is also helpful in activating your organs which were in rest while you were sleeping and it also helps in releasing the toxins out of your body. It is helpful in easy motion. When your motion is clear your mind gets refresh and works actively.
- Take one glass of warm water one hour before going to your bed. It will help you to digest your food, maintain the blood pressure and fulfill the fluid requirement in your body at the time of sleeping.
- Don’t drink excess amount of water with your meal. By doing so there remain no space for digestive juices in your stomach. These digestive juices gets diluted with excess amount of water and and your stomach is not able to digest the food properly. The food goes fermented and you have to suffer from gastric. So just sip small amount of water with your meal.
- Take one glass of water before half hour of your meal. It will help you from taking excess quantity of food. Take one glass of water after an hour of your meal. It provides your Digestion system a proper interval to absorb the nutrients from food.
- Drink water when you feel thirsty. Thirst is the natural phenomena. When your body gets dehydrated and need some water, then you feel thirst. Always drink water when you feel thirsty.
- Drink one glass of warm water before taking a shower can lower the blood pressure.
Drink the plenty of water everyday but slowly, and in small sips. By sipping, the Saliva in your mouth properly mixes up with water, which is helpful in the proper digestion of your food.
Stay happy & healthy! Thank You!